Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I must confess that God generally deals very contrary to my expectations. Yet "He does all things well." It is "Sweet to lie passive in His hands, and know no will but His."
 
I have proved my own strength to be complete weakness, my own wisdom consummate folly, and my own righteousness filthy rags. What a mercy, then, to be stripped of all, and have Christ for wisdom, Christ for righteousness, Christ for strength, Christ for purity, Christ for power, Christ for beauty, Christ for holiness, Christ for acceptance above, Christ for our daily walk, Christ for our daily work, Christ for rest, Christ for food, Christ for medicine; yes, to know nothing among men or before God--but Jesus crucified and glorified! 
~Ruth Bryan ("The Marvelous Riches of Savoring Christ, The Letters of Ruth Bryan") 

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    So, so, so good to hear from you today! I am thrilled for what He has in store for your family in the days ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete