Saturday, February 18, 2012

Christ to the Believer

"Because Christ is perfectly and infinitely holy above all others, I prize Christ above all.
Ordinances are sweet, but Christ is more sweet to my soul.
Saints are precious, but Christ is far more precious.
Heaven is glorious, but Christ is infinitely more glorious.
The first thing that I would ask, if I might have it, is Christ.
And the next thing that I would ask, if I might have it, is more of Christ.
And the last thing that I would ask, if I might have it, is that I might be satiated and filled with the fullness of Christ.
Let the ambitious man take the honours of the world, so that I may but have Christ.
Let the voluptuous man swim in all the pleasures of the world, so that I may have Christ.
And let the covetous man tumble up and down in all the gold and silver of the world, so I may have Christ, and it shall be enough for my soul."
Thomas Brooks, "The Unsearchable Riches of Christ"

1 comment:

  1. This is simply beautiful.

    May we always love Him enough...
    ...to live for Him daily.

    Blessings to you my sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete