Thursday, August 4, 2011

God Himself, The Loveliest Part and Inheritance

The son feared for some who had not any part or inheritance in the natural joys of life. He feared loneliness for them.

But his Father said, Fear not to trust them to Me. I am their Part and their Inheritance. Would I be a wilderness unto them, a land of darkness? Have I ever been a liar to the heart that trusted Me? Have I ever been as waters that fail? Thou hast heard their unspoken word, "My flesh and my heart faileth," and thy flesh and thy heart faileth too as thou thinkest of them. Fear not, grieve not. They will not end on that minor note. They shall not wear the spirit of heaviness; they shall wear the garment of praise. As the flowers of roses in the spring of the year, as lilies by the rivers of waters, so shall their gladness be. "But God is the Strength of my heart and my Portion for ever"-that will be their abiding word and their ever­lasting song.

And the son knew that not one would be disappointed who had chosen loss for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven. And he was comforted as he thought of those lovers of his Lord caught up into Paradise, and hearing words which, could they be heard now, would not be lawful for a man to utter.

by Amy Carmichael, from "His Thoughts Said... His Father Said..."   

No comments:

Post a Comment